Rest in Montenegro will give a lot of unforgettable impressions, especially if the program for tourists includes diving.
You can enjoy the beauty of the underwater flora and fauna, swim in the ruins of the city, or explore sunken ships, grottoes, and coves with an instructor. The sea is warm enough, so you can enjoy underwater adventures even in winter.
The best places for diving in Montenegro
Areas where the main part of divers comes to:
- Budva Riviera. Transfers to the islands of St. Nicholas, Katic, Patamuni, and other places are organized from Budva. The most visited city of Montenegro is suitable for the lovers of grottoes, they are abundant here - underwater caves Krekovica, and tunnels.
- Herceg Novi. The sunken ship St. Istvan is interesting for diving here, the underwater world of the Bay of Kotor, part of Nivitsi.
- Kotor. Davers can swim near a sunken ship, and explore coral reefs.
- Bar. There is a large selection of diving clubs, interesting underwater excursions to the calcareous reefs, and sunken ships, in particular to Dag. Be sure to swim at Cape Voluyats. The cave Mikovica and the “place of sunken amphoras” at the ancient port of Bigovica will surely be of interest to scuba diving enthusiasts.
- Ulcinj. Near the city there is a sunken Austrian ship, the Italian ship Goritia, also will appreciate the chic flora and fauna of Old Ulcinj. It is worth diving at "the place of sunken amphorae" at Jeran reef.
In total, there are 7 sunken ships on the Montenegrin coast, 6 of them are available to certified divers. Also in the vicinity of the peninsula Lustica, there is the Poseidon Cave and the Blue Cave, the Siren Grotto, the sunken bomber, and the ship.
Requirements for diving participants
For those tourists who are planning to dive for the first time, you need to be trained. Most diving clubs provide this opportunity and organize transfers to dive sites. Beginners will not be able to go to the grottoes, and caves and descend to great depths. They are available only with calm and measured immersion with swimming with the flow.
Those divers who have on their hand's certain types of certificates and the number of confirmed dives can receive training programs. Here you can get a certificate of CMAS, PADI, NNI, or SSI. Professionals are allowed to do difficult dives, such as:
- Cavern & Cave Diving ("cave" dive);
- Wreck Diving (diving into sunken ships and airplanes);
- Deep Diving (deep-sea diving);
- Night Diving (night diving).
A person who wants to go diving should have medical insurance, he should not have health problems, pressure drops, or allergies to any part of the equipment.
For children, many clubs and centers offer training from 8-10 years. For all beginners, including young participants, the first dives are carried out in the pool, then to a shallow depth in the sea.
Prices for diving are largely dependent on the selected location, the level of training of the diver, and the selected package. One trial dive for a beginner can cost between 30-70 euros. Programs for training certified divers for cave, and deep-sea diving with the issuance of certificates start from 350-400 euros.
Usually, equipment rental is included in the course price. Additionally, you can offer underwater video and photography, the price of such pleasure varies from 10-100 euros. Food, drinks, and additional services may be included in the program or paid separately.
Book your activity in Montenegro in advance!